While some believe that blogging is an oversaturated market, I want to challenge that statement by saying that I love how inclusive it is. If you are looking for a creative outlet and you love to write about things that you’re passionate about, start a blog!
I’ve been blogging for about 5 months now and I’ve enjoyed every morsel of it. From going to events at the hottest spots in Nashville to making new friends who are creative and inclusive, I feel like I’ve accessed a whole other world that I never knew existed. In brief, it has brought me a lot of joy.
Rewinding back to last December 2017, I felt burned out at my job and felt like my life needed a creative boost. Teaching is my career and acts of selfless love are performed every day, but I am MORE than just my career.
I have always been a fashionista and beauty junkie. I devour my monthly style magazines and have followed some bloggers online for nearly a decade. Since I love to read other blogs (Cupcakes and Cashmere and Cup of Jo are my all-time favorites), I finally decided to join the blogging community by launching My Lipstick Letters.
Ever since I was little, I’ve loved to write creatively. Poetry, short stories, flash fiction…you name it, I love to play around with prose. My love for writing coupled with my love for fashion and beauty inspired me to start this site. Since I’ve started blogging, here is how my life has improved:
- I attend weekly meet-ups with The Nash Gals Network, a community of young, creative women who blog
- I’ve discovered some of the coolest spots in Nashville like the rooftop bar L27 at the Westin and the Frye Day events at Frye in the Gulch.
- I’ve made so many new friends who have fantastic blogs in person and on Instagram
- Caroline V from Polished or Not (for the French girl fashion lovers)
- Kara from Kara’s Closet (for slow living lifestyle tips and minimalist fashion)
- Wendy from Lovingly Bold (for travel tips, mindfulness, and positivity)
- Blythe from The Honey Print (for Nashville activities and lifestyle musings)
- Sarah G from Simply Sarah G (her Dating Kinda Sucks podcast is hilarious!)
- Lauren from Mod Wife (for relationship and marriage advice)
- Chloe and Ashley from Brunch Speak (for career, relationship, wellness advice)
- I’ve become much happier with this creative outlet. My friends and family have all told me how much happier I seem and it’s true. This website gives me a newfound identity as a writer and content creator
- I’ve become a minimalist with my closet. Since I post about my favorite outfits, this site serves as a visual diary of potential outfits I can wear whenever I feel bored with my closet.
These highlights of blogging are so sweet to reflect on since I started this little passion project over my Christmas break. To my readers who know me in real life and who have found me through Instagram or elsewhere, thank you for reading and supporting me along the way. I love reading your comments and feedback.
Have you ever considered blogging? What is your passion project?